This weekend was free dirt day. The local waste management company donated a big pile of lovely mulch and residents could come load up bags to take to their gardens. I made two trips. I was filthy and tired by the end, but it looks so nice! I think it will really help our soil too.
This weekend was also our annual city-wide yard sale. We went out as a family and visited our neighbors and found a few deals:
X-box, 3 games, 2 controllers, 2 car-steering wheel controllers: $30 (we have one, but it died in the move or at the finger of one baby, we're not sure which, so it was nice to find a cheap replacement!)
Glider/Rocker in good shape: $10 (talked down from $20 - I'm such a haggler!)
2 very large clay plant pots: $5
Adorable baby rocking chair for the play room: $5
A diaper champ disposal system: $1 (is it disgusting to buy someone else's old diaper pail? I'm going to rinse it with bleach...)
Great craft/computer desk: free!
After an hour of cruising around we felt very good about our haul and had introduced ourselves to some of our very nice neighbors. A successful day at the sales!
5 comments:
Go you! Sounds like you totally scored great stuff this weekend. And no...the only things I'd never buy used is underwear and swimsuits. :) I look forward to gardening vicariously through you since gardening in my area of AZ is all but impossible.
Sounds like you had a ball and came out a winner
Wow, sounds like some good deals! I like that idea of a city-wide garage sale, especially in your area where there are lots of little cities all packed together. pretty cool. Good luck in the garden!
And no pictures of your great finds or your cute baby or your garden?? Just kidding (sorta) it's fun to read updates even if there's no pictures. Good luck with your garden, can't wait to hear how it goes!
Go little pepper! Crazy thing is, Dad and I spent a half day getting compost at the landfill Saturday. But we had to pay for it. Got some tilling done today so hopefully we can plant soon too.
Post a Comment