So that's what we did!
Here's our itsy bitsy garden patch. 4 bean plants, one basil plant, two tomatoes, and a little strawberry that I found in our yard. I'm not sure if it's a volunteer or what, but it's cute, so I'll care for it.
Since this is the first time we've planted in this bed, I have no idea what to expect or hope for. Hopefully the plants will grow! I had to amend our -solid- clay with a big bag of garden soil, and I'm sure each planting we'll have to do something else to make the soil better, but at least we have a place to put a few veggies!
There used to be rose bushes where those beans and tomatoes are, but we offered them free on Craigslist to anyone who would come dig them up and haul them off. Worked like a charm! I'm still fielding calls from people who want free bushes. Don't worry, I still have a dozen - yes, twelve - rose bushes in the front yard. I think that will be plenty for me.
Oh, I hope it all grows! I went out to check on them this morning while I was still in my jammies and slippers. They made it through the night ;).

4 comments:
Congrats on the garden! We love ours. And, you don't really NEED the snail bait--just teach Ben to squish them! It'll give him something to do while you're gardening. :)
Way to go! Be sure and keep us posted on how it goes.
You're so cute! You remind me of me in my garden. I hope it grows well. Good spot you chose, btw.
Kath, you're so cute! I love little plants too, but I don't think I have the same enthusiasm as you or Eric do. :)
Post a Comment