Friday, January 8, 2010

Winter in California

I understand most of the country is having the coldest winter on record. We just got back from spending some time in Utah - brrr and snow! But look at what is out on our patio. I had the A/C on in my car as I ran some errands this afternoon.

This is a poinsettia from last year. All the red leaves fell off after Christmas last year, but it was still alive, so I stuck it outside and look at it now. It's not manicured like you would buy from the store, but it is blooming again. Fun.




And little Limonita is loaded! I just picked the first lemon this afternoon. We're going to cut into it tonight, so I'll let you know how it tastes. I hope it's good! They're Meyer lemons which are supposed to be a bit sweeter than normal lemons. I'm pretty excited.




5 comments:

Leslie said...

the pictures of your lemons are incredible!!! I bet they are delicious!

The Real Life of Mark and Em said...

you should make fresh lemonade!

Laurie HF said...

Your lemon tree just tickles me yellow! I am so glad our gift to you is finally successful.

Lisa said...

The lemons are beautiful! I'm totally jealous. But I have snowy mountains... :)

Catherine said...

When were you guys in Utah? Sometime we should coordinate when we're both in Utah!
Your pinsetta and lemon look gorgeous, it makes me want to move to CA, even here it's tooooooooo cold!