Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend as much as we did! We spent Saturday doing our usual errands and cleaning (all the boring stuff) but it felt so much more relaxed knowing not everything had to be crammed into one day. Sunday was a calm day of worship, and we made some killer fajitas for dinner.

Then on Monday, we got up at a decent hour, gave Doug a haircut, ate french toast (yes I made GF bread just for that!), then dug into cleaning out our clothes closet. Doug and I both put away a big stack of clothes that we don't wear, separated a bunch for donation, and did some reorganizing. We only got 80% of the way through, though, before our time ran out. We had already made plans to go to the dollar ($1.50 really) theater to watch Iron Man. What a great movie, and what a great time we had! It was wonderful to just walk away from the messy bedroom and go have fun with my spouse! After the movie, we came back and busily started preparations for a Labor Day feast. We grilled baby back ribs with a super tasty apple cider mop. Doug was in charge of grilling and did an awesome job. I made some potatoes, and our friends brought over a cool summer cucumber salad, corn on the cob and homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream. Could not have been tastier! After fat-dogging for a few minutes after the meal, we played cards and ate ice cream until it was unfortunately time for bed. Sad that it's still a work night even on a holiday. But yeay for the holiday!!

He was born a carnivore!


We actually made it through 2 1/2 of these racks (between the 4 of us).

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Sounds like a fun weekend!

Lisa said...

Yummy! I've actually been wanting to do ribs on our grill all summer, but haven't got around to it. What was the recipe for the apple cider mop?

Laurie HF said...

yum! It looks like you guys did something similar to what we did on Labor Day.

Dave E. said...

Tasty. I think we should do something along these lines for when you come up. Eat some sort of cow product that is.

Dave E. said...

Tasty. I think we should do something along these lines for when you come up. Eat some sort of cow product that is.

Sara said...

what a feast! looks great!