Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Which Jane Austen Heroine are You?

I do love Jane Austen. I first read Sense and Sensibility after falling in love with the movie. A little later I devoured Pride and Prejudice before seeing any of the film adaptions. Of course the 6-hour version is a-maz-ing! ;)

Well, I couldn't resist the Jane Austen Heroine quiz when my friend Leslie posted it.

The first time I came back as Elinor Dashwood. My very favorite character. Stallwart, self-sacrificing and steady, and always dependable. Perhaps I skewed my quiz answers slightly? Well, Doug would have none of that--falsifying test results--so he took the test for me. My results...I am Anne Elliot of Persuasion. But who is Anne Elliot? I had never heard anything about her! I had never read this Jane Austen, but it immediately bumped to the top of my reading list.

I finished the book last night. Doug sighed and rolled his eyes at me as I gushed about how wonderful it was. He tried to read a few paragraphs, but I wouldn't let him since he'd only use it as ammo to tease with.

Though I still aspire to be Elinor, I think I am, more accurately, Anne. Easily persuaded, but reliable and in control. And of course, madly in love with the man of her dreams!


I am Anne Elliot!


Take the quiz here and share your results with the rest of us!


2 comments:

Lisa said...

I tried to be really honest in my answers, and I came back as Elinor Dashwood too. Maybe I'll have Cody do it for me so that I won't be blinded by prejudice. Speaking of which, I think it's almost time for my once-a-pregnancy Jane Austen film flick!

Laurie HF said...

I'm Elinor Dashwood too. How about that? Maybe it's mom's influence on daughters.

Lisa, wait for that flick and I'll join you! (I'm not pregnant though).