Friday, April 11, 2008

Am I really at work today?

Am I really at work today? It doesn't feel like it! The weather is perfect -- clear, sunny and 80 degrees. I came in this morning and did a little work, but I had a dentist appointment at 11:00. Passed with a clean bill of health, and as good a dentist experience as one can have ;). By the time I got back to work, it was time for lunch! My friend Marie and I went out for sushi.

This is only the 3rd time I have really "eaten" sushi -- where that is the full meal, and I'm not just timidly nibbling a few pieces. This was the real deal. I had a spicy tuna hand roll with soy paper (much tastier than seaweed), a shrimp and asparagas roll and a "Philly" roll with cream cheese and salmon. All very tasty! And I'm not just saying that to look cool - it actually tasted good!

We ate on the patio of a restaurant at an open air shopping center. After lunch we walked passed an italian ice sidewalk vendor and couldn't pass it up. I had rasberry and lemon. A perfect match for the weather and our mood.

Now, in case my boss happens to read this, we were back in just a little over an hour, and I plan to work really hard this afternoon, until at least 4:00 ;).

Not the food I actually ate, but it tasted as good as this looks!

Don'tcha all want to come visit!?

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Oh, I love this weather. I can't even imagine how it is for YOU!! I'm glad you could have the sushi experience. The last time I had sushi was three years ago, and after my husband kissed me, he will never allow me to have it again.