Sunday, September 26, 2010

Girls Weekend to NYC


Thanks to my wonderful and loving husband, I got to join the Espenschied family's Girls-get-away weekend to New York City! What a blast. There were 9 of us from 3 generations prowling the town last weekend.

My sister-in-law looks like she belongs here in Time's Square!


The two of us were able to take time for a session in the Manhattan Temple. It was a heavenly change from the noise and commotion of the city.


All nine of us girls went to "Promises, Promises" Friday night. The show left a little something to be desired, but the company was fabulous. It was fun to see Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hays on stage. I don't have pictures of the whole group, since 9 cameras was a little overkill, but I'll put them up after we share with each other.


My favorite thing about NYC is the food. This cute little place "Rice to Riches" is a rice pudding shop with as many flavors of pudding as Baskin Robbins has of ice cream! We had milk chocolate and raspberry and were loving it! While we're on the subject of food - here are a few more things we enjoyed. Everything is gluten-free!!



Grandma, Michelle and I spent several hours doing what girls do best - shopping! Grandma worked at Saks Fifth Avenue when she was a young lady, and it was so fun to go back to "her store" and try on all sorts of beautiful things!


We bought half-price tickets to Mary Poppins. It was a cute show! It had all the charm and music of the movie (minus Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, but with passable replacements) plus more character and theme development that appealed to the adult mind. The set was amazing - the whole house moved on and off stage, all three levels, in 3 different directions (up, down and back!).

After the show we had a late supper at Sardi's restaurant. Famous place known for their characatures. Kermie is my favorite :)


Here we are at our hotel soon to head back to reality. What a great time we had!



While I was off playing, Doug was home working like a slave (such a wonderful honey!) and Ben got to hang with his Grandparents and cousins. I only have this one picture from Grandma Fifield's house that I snaked from my sister's blog, but it looks like he had a blast.


And we had just enough time for a quick hello to the cousins on the Espenschied side.
But when all is said and done, there is no place like home, and we were both so very happy to see Doug at the airport :).

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Looked like a blast Kath! I'm so glad you went to Rich to Riches, isn't it delish! Why didn't I think of tell you about that place, it's Celiacer's dream! You look totally cute prego, no shocker there! :)

Laurie HF said...

I have been trying to get a chance to blog. I have some fun pictures of Ben. I'll have to do that now for a few minutes.

Catherine said...

How fun! I wish I could talk the girls in my family into doing big trips like that, maybe someday.

Lisa said...

I love your pictures and commentary. It looks like a wonderful trip!