Friday, June 12, 2009

Tomatoes!

About the third week in April I planted some tomatoes. I thought I'd experiment with the upside-down hanging plant, and a few in containers (the control for my experiment!).

Here is the progress! I'm amazed and totally excited. All the plants have quite a bit of green fruit.

I think they've entered my subconscious, though, because the other night I drempt about them. In my dream I found the plants shriveled and dead in a neat stack on the grass. I was furious at the gardeners who had pulled up my tomato plants. I was so glad to wake up and realize they were just fine, and the gardners had left them alone.

We affectionately call the patio my little jungle.

I can't wait to eat fresh tomatoes!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Leslie said...

they look so fabulous! Well done Kath!

Laurie HF said...

Wow, they're gorgeous! They must be getting lots of tender loving care. If we'd get some sun, mine might grow too.