Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Our first family trip!

We recently returned from a trip to Washington D.C. ! Doug had business, and Ben and I tagged along for fun. We had lots of fun visiting our old haunts, and catching up with good friends.

Ben did pretty well on the plane as long as he didn't get too tired. When there was an announcement on the over head speakers and he was in that almost-asleep stage, it freaked him out, and he started wailing. It took us a while to get him calmed down, but eventually he did and fell asleep.

Doug and I toted him all around Washington D.C. Ben got to meet my former boss, Senator Dorgan, and several of our friends. He saw the Capitol building and a few of the monuments and rode the metro several times. The metro kinda freaked him out a bit, especially the side-to-side rocking if we didn't have him facing forward. He also took several naps in our hotel room. Whenever I could, I let him sleep rather than going out touring. It surprised me how quickly my priority changed from doing what I wanted to, to helping Ben get the rest he needed.





2 comments:

nikki said...

the first visit to the capitol building--a monumental experience! (no pun intended) it was terrific to see you guys. am checking out your healthy living blog right now....

Anonymous said...

Okay, I just found your blog... and I have to say, I LOVE that you have a picture of Sen. Dorgan holding your baby.

That quite honestly made my day.